1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy ZR2

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by robo01, Jan 6, 2008.

1. robo01

robo01 Junior Member

my buddy has a 03 x-cab ZR2 and is looking for a personal plow for next season and looking to do driveways. I told him that i would post it up and get some advice. I was looking at blizzard plows and iv been seening a dakota around my house wiht a western not sure with blade it is. tell me wut you guys think thank you.

2. TurbDies2500

TurbDies2500 Senior Member

The Fisher Homesteader is a light plow good for personal use or the Fisher LD is also good. They are both small and lightweight. They would be perfect to do his own driveway.

3. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

First off, is he looking to do his own driveway (maybe + a few freinds & family) or is he looking to do multiple driveways to make money. The answer to that question will give you a good starting point. For "personal" use he would be fine with plows such as SnowBear (oh god, I actually said that!!lol), Fisher Homesteader or the Western Suburbanite (the fisher & western are actually the same plow, just different color). For "commercial - residential" he would want to look at SnoWay (great for their lightweight & down pressure system), Blizzard or Meyer. Of course it all depends on his budget also.

4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

My friends run a fisher ld and one has a meyer st 7

5. robo01

robo01 Junior Member

he wants to plow his driveway and a few others just to make some cash. He really likes the blizzard plow. How do u think it would hold up?

6. robo01

robo01 Junior Member

on the quick match it said do not use with ZR2 so is he out of luck???

7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

you can a curtis i had a tm 6.5 on my dakota should had a st 7