1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy Wiring

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Moose's Mowing, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing Senior Member
    from SE PA

I have an 04 Chevy 2500. On the dash toward the pass. side, there's a little button with an orange light. It has a pic of a rooftop mounted off road light on it. U guys know what I'm talking about? It's some kind of accessory light circuit that came from the factory. Anyone know where to tap in to this circuit? I'm guessing up front somewheres in the fuse block but who knows. I was thinking of using this to run my rooftop flasher. It'd be stupid not to since most of the wiring would be there already and it's got a nice clean switch. I searched online but didn't come up with much....anyone know where to find this circuit at?
  2. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

The should be a wire up in the headliner by the interior light.
  3. 03Duramax

03Duramax Junior Member

Yeah what he said ^^^.... the wires are up in the headliner, normally on the drivers side of the truck, I ran my wires out the bottom of my third brake light and put a two prong plug on it for quick connect and disconnect. If you have and older rotating light becareful because those factory swithches can burn out, if you have and LED light or Strobe style you will be fine, my buddy runs a new style rotator and he has never had any issues.
  4. osborneconst

osborneconst Junior Member

If your strobe doesn't work after hooking it to the wires, check to make sure that there is a fuse in the fuse box. I don't think it was until 2005, but GM stopped putting a fuse in the box from the factory.
  5. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing Senior Member
    from SE PA

anyone have any specs on this circuit? Is there a relay wired into it or is it just a switched "hot" wire from the fuse block? Anybody know what gauge wire they used and what the amperage rating for the switch would be?