1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice
  1. Schnabel Plowin

Schnabel Plowin Senior Member

For splicing into the reverse light: 1997 chevy truck. Which wire is the reverse wire, or how can I check? Thanks!
    Looks like there are 4 wires and 5 holes. Arranged /// / or / /// however you look at it.

2. eric02038

eric02038 Senior Member
    from MA

you ever hear of a test light?
  3. Schnabel Plowin

Schnabel Plowin Senior Member

I don't own one. Thanks.
  4. backupbuddy

backupbuddy Senior Member

Hi James,

The easiest way I have found to hardwire is to go into the right or left taillight and tap into the reverse light wire that way it is less likely to corrode. On my 04 Chevy the ground is black. you will need a test light there like 5-10bucks at any auto parts store. Good luck. ussmileyflag
  5. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

That's how I wired mine. Just pulled the whole tail light unit out and tapped in right behind it. I recommend liquid electrical tape to seal everything once you are positive that the job is done.