1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

chevy wiring help please!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Tedd, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Tedd

Tedd Member
    from CT

I have searched here and fishers site but can't seem to find the answer so here goes. I am installing 4 port iso to 2002 chevy 2500 for straight blade fisher 3-plug converted plow. I cant find which wires to tap the drl pink wire, purple, and brown. Basicly I dont know which side of plug to tap since there more than one wire to each plug. Probably dumb ques. but I tried to find info anywhere to no avail so any help will be appreciated. Tedd
  2. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

http://www.fisherplows.com/pdf/27808_091103.pdf - go to page 7

The Pink goes to the Dark blue wire of the DRL bulb. The brown wire is the parking light wire and connects to the brown wire of the turn signal bulb. Each harness also has a purple turn signal wire. I just installed one on a 2003 HD and it connected to the blue wires. If not sure just use a test light to verify. If I remember right each bulb has three wires with a brown and black to each for parking lights and ground so the only one left is the turn signal wire. This wire color does change on certain years so I cannot guarantee the color as GM made some electrical changes for the 2003 model year that I used as a reference.
  3. dlsderoo

dlsderoo Junior Member

Thank you for this post I have been hunting for hours for this infomation. Now all I have to do is figured out what fuse toi tap into for the swited accesory line (red wire)

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Heater or wiper works good. Stop by napa and pick up some Mini fuse taps, part # NW785132, they slide right over the fuse prongs and have a male spade terminal to slide a female terminal end onto.
  5. dlsderoo

dlsderoo Junior Member

Thanks crash935
    I'll Pick them up tomorrow. I' ll probably go with the wipers Heats more important :)
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

For a tap location check to see if your '02 has one in the panel labeled as "SEO ACCY"...not all '02 did but if its there use it. That way if you have a wiring issue with the plow harness you won't lose any other important functions.

Wipers AND heat are both important...no reason to have to choose one or the other. :D

Brians truck color codes are good. They didn't change from '02 to '03.
  7. dlsderoo

dlsderoo Junior Member

I ordered the mini tap fuses I'll pick them up tomorrow moring.And my truck is a 03 gmc 2500hd So i'll check out the "SEO ACCY"... to see if I have that .

for all the help