1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy vs Dodge

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by BigDave12768, Jan 16, 2007.

1. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

2. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I don't normally play but......

Here, watch the video..... ( http://www.wcco.com/video/?id=22762@wcco.dayport.com ) or ( http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_360132351.html ) - isn't that a Dodge :waving:

Some interesting quotes; 'Seems like he's done this before' - Bwaaaaahahahahahaa
  3. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

The difference is GM has made a few bad trucks where as Dodge is a bad truck. You would never see a video like that of the Dodge seeing how it's common knowledge they are junk.
    Is this the reply you were looking for?
  4. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

How the FU*K are the rpm's at 3,000-3,100 at 60mph???.....In the summer i pulled a 18ft flat bed and i did two trips pulling 4 pallets of pavloc holland brick on the trailer and one pallet of creta stone on my truck and the total weight of the truck and trailer was 21,767pounds..:gunsfiring: :gunsfiring: ...and both were an hour long drive with the temp at about 80-85F outside and it never went past the normal temp!!!!!!:gunsfiring: :gunsfiring:

&& I'll be doing that again this summer so i'll post some pic's.
  5. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Somehting pretty wrong wiht they guy's truck in the first video. His rpms are way high, coolant temp is pegged, but the tranny temp gauge is pretty low. He's got some serious cooling system issues.

With that UHaul on top of that 5th wheel trailer, is he near his max rated capacity? It'd be interesting to see the total vehicle and trailer weight.
  6. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Chevrolet = Cracked Heads Every Valve Rattles Oil Leaks Every Time
  7. kubotazd21

kubotazd21 Member

Ford= Fix or repair daily. found on road dead. F-cked on raw deal.

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

well the first problem is that it's a lly not an lbz.
  9. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

ford- f'ed over rebuilt dodge:D
  10. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

FORD backwards- Drivers Return On Foot
  11. 02DURAMAX

And how does he have a computer in his truck on the day this happens???....This I say is not real..:nono: :gunsfiring: :nono:
  12. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

He made the video to prove that it happens. He uses the computer to show the exact temp number and other stats to prove what he says about his d-max overheating.

i LOVE how his phone rings, the ringtone he's got, so funny!!!
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  13. jbone

jbone Senior Member

Whats the problem with the lly??
  14. cowboysfan

cowboysfan Junior Member

To bad about your over heating problem,I have the LBZ without any issues,but it seams to me the trucks are not pulling near the same weight or back drag,and as stated u do not now if the Dodge was stock or not.And one more thing the dodge didnt look to me to be leaving you,and he might of been looking at you tring to catch him and he had it to the floor to keep you behind
  15. icebladez

icebladez Member
    from sask

F: Frequent
    O: operators
    R: return
    D: depressed

F: Fear,live in
    O: Or
    R: Return,item to
    D: Dealer

F: Favorable
    O: Odds
    R: Rival
    D: Dodge

F: Fires
    O: Onboard
    R: Reported

To be fair,

C: Contented
    H: Happy,
    E: Everyday
    V: Visitors
  16. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

thats not how you tow a box truck. what a moron trying to pull a wall of air against that box like that. I've hauled tons of box trucks backwards behind a wrecker, and even with a 500 horse N-14 the wind would be a killer, and the temp would go up. Just for fun BigDave why don't you rent a trailer and a box truck and try hauling it with your truck backwards, when the outside temp is the same, see if your truck doesnt get warm.
    I would say that guy had something disabled in the trans to keep it from upshifting, that why the revs are so high.
  17. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Its not my truck. I own a Dodge with a CTD it is listed in the sig. The Dodge looked like a stock 01-02 CTD and not turned up. You never see the truck blow black smoke. So I assume it is stock. But more than likely it was a 5spd and could have easily pulled away from the Chevy if it wanted too. The Chevy could only catch up on the down hills.

My truck has mods down to it and has the 4.10's so towing a box truck backwards I would have easily walked by that older Dodge with less HP. But the video was made to help a lawsuit against Chevy and the overheating issues with the 04-05 Duramax's. So I don't think the guy is a moron. I think it is a bit of a setup to make the truck run warm. But still it should have had no issue pulling 13k. The stock Dodge was. What he is trying to do is get Chevy to upgrade the radiators under a recall or warranty so they don't have an isssue
  18. 02DURAMAX

Not all trucks with mods blow black smoke....And if your driving down the road with black smoke coming out of the exhaust all the time, Then the truck has problems..