1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy Trucks with towing mirrors

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by chs1993, Nov 2, 2009.

1. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Looking at removing the oems mirrors with the oem towing mirrors any one have any pics with them on there chevy? thanks

2. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

here is my gmc with the factory tow mirrors. heated, power, turn signal. I have put these mirrors on 2 of my other trucks with aftermarket ones from ebay. pretty good quality.

3. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

here it is, it wouldnt load before.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  4. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Do you like them, any flaws?

5. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

I have the same towing mirrors on my 2001 Chevy 2500hd crew cab. I put them on this summer and so far towing boats I love them!

6. dbduts

dbduts Member

would those work on a 03 2500 and a 05 3500 dump and are the after market ones heated and how much were they

7. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

i love them, they are much better than the 03-05 power extenting camper style mirrors. there is one blind spot in them but i fixed it with a small convex mirror. if you want a pic i can get you one on the 2 pieces of glass on them

8. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

yeah they will work on 01-07 classic body style, i have them on my 03 and 04 silverado too. i didnt buy the ones with the turn signal though they were too expencive. they would probably always have to be extended on your 05 dups but its on because they look sweet extended.

9. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

here it is extended

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  10. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I bet they are expensive to replace.

11. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

Did your truck already have heated mirrors? Mine doesn't and I'd like to have heated mirrors.

12. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

My truck came with them (heated, directionals, etc.) and they are great!

13. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

well the gmc in the pic came with thoes mirrors from the factory i ordered the truck with them. my other 2 trucks had heated mirrors too and i just plugged them and they worked.

14. BoyneCityGuy

BoyneCityGuy Senior Member

when you put the aftermarket ones on and plugged them in, did you have to have the dealer re-program the computer module? i inquired at my dealer about putting towing mirrors on, and they seemed to think i would have to re-flash the computer, but werent real sure, and its like 80 bucks to do that on top of pricey mirrors. i will put them on reguardless, but if i can save $80, that would be nice!

15. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

no, the dealer tried to tell me the same thing, i was hard headed like usual and said i will do it my anyways and it worked. doesnt happen often but it did this time :laughing: and everything worked on them too

16. BoyneCityGuy

BoyneCityGuy Senior Member

excellent! thats what i wanted to hear. mine dont have signals or power folding, so all that i need is the power adjustment to work. thanks NCat!!

17. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

no problem, glad i could help.

18. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I wouldn't have one without!!

[​IMG]

19. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

Haha thats what my fleet looks like with mirrors, i love them for towing and i thought they would be a problem for plowing but they are the best. too bad they couldnt make that bottom convex heated

20. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Agreed. When I first got a set a few years ago I wondered how they'd be plowing. Once you're used to them they're awesome.