1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy Truck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DOM, Oct 1, 2001.

1. DOM

DOM Guest

Anybody ever plow with a 98 Chevy 1500 W/T with a V6. and a meyers Plow?

2. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

You couldnt get a w/t in 98 with 4wd and v6.

3. Bigcee

Bigcee Junior Member

Dom, I have plowed for two years with a GMC Siera 1500 4X4 with good luck. B careful not to run up on packed snow when your wheels dont touch the ground you don't have traction. Otger than that I have no problem my plow is a 7.5 ft Fisher and ireally have had good luck with it.

Bigcee:)

4. DOM

DOM Guest

the truck I found is supposed to be a 98 Chevy 1500 W/t 4X4 with the V6 in it. Does the V6 have enough power to plow?

5. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

When I worked for a landscaper in 97 he had a 95 chevybWt 1500 with a 7.5' meyer and no problems at all. In fact when his dump was down, he ran a v box in it as well.
    Dino

6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

havent had any experience with a v-6 plowing, but a buddy of mine had a v6 1500 without a plow. his gas mileage was terrible compared to my v8. the v6 will be laboring a lot harder than a v8 would, so go easy on it, and prepare for mileage in the 12's.