1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

chevy truck stall

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mikewheel, Apr 27, 2002.

1. mikewheel

mikewheel Junior Member
    from ohio

I have a 89 chevy k1500 305 cu inch engine. When engine is cold it stalls, when this happens you can stomp the pedal and it will plick up and run. As soon as it reaches close to normal temp this problem goes away. Also check engine light comes on indicating a lean fuel mix. Change O^2 sensor but didn't help. Anyone with any thoughts on this problm?
  2. BigBlock454

BigBlock454 Junior Member
    from Jersey

you should have a throttle body on it. I would check your EGR valve first. Afterwards if that checks out, go for the coolant temp sensor.
  3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

In addition to what Bigblock454 said,I would pull the IAC motor out of the throttle body,and clean the carbon off it.The idle air control motor may be bad also,if its in the hot idle position and fails there,it wont be able to idle cold without stalling.