1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy truck problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by nick858, Nov 7, 2008.

1. nick858

nick858 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Ok for all you mechanics, I have a serious problem with my 05 Chevy CC. The heated seats dont work on the driver side...

The button flashes when you push it, and clicks, but does not turn on. And to further the problem, if the passenger heated seats are on, when you push the button on the driver side, it shuts the passenger seat off.

Hopefully I can get this fixed before our first snowstorm, or Im not sure what I will do.:D

2. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

i would try to get the lemon law. you must be really dissapionted:jester:

3. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

''Hopefully I can get this fixed before our first snowstorm, or Im not sure what I will do. ''

Poor guy--I wish that was my biggest problem--having a cold butt while plowing.Seriously,it sounds like a short in your switch.I'd start looking there.

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

oh my god....It's a travesty! NO HEATED SEATS!!!!!! What will we do?

Seriously though, Definitely a ground issue.

5. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

im happy just to have my truck start and the four wheel drive engaging.

6. nick858

nick858 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Im hoping you caught my humor in the post. While obviously Id like to have everything on my trucks working, its not a big deal. I just know if I take it in it will be a $500 fix, and Im not going to spend that much for something thats not a necessity. This is the first truck Ive had that even has leather, so I was just hoping someone had an idea.
    Ill try the couple things that were mentioned.

7. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

The light is flashing because the heating element in the pad is burnt or there is a problem with the Driver Seat Module. There is probably a code set in the module that will help lead to the problem, but it will have to go to someone with a Tech2 scan tool.
    I wouldn't suggest to go pokin & proddin on the wires, may do more damage.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2008
  8. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes,I caught the humor right away Nick---never thought you were a primadona.

9. nick858

nick858 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Kind of what I thought, I played mechanic for about 6 years of my life, so basically I know enough to be dangerous.

10. isellmeyers

isellmeyers Junior Member

You could just get one those hunter set warmer thingys. Their way cheaper then meyer

11. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

LMAO I feel the same way . I get home from a snow storm and I pat the truck on the dash and say thanks again girl we made it thru another one. I will wash you up after a nap.
    :D

RCGM
    Brad

12. danknight60

danknight60 Member

the blinking is the Module telling you there is not a return circuit try unplugging the unit from the switch and the seat and disconnect the battery for 1 min this will reset the computer and the Module if this don't work Ur eliminate padding line is broken and it will cost more then 500 to fix

good luck....

13. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

If you want to fix it and its a broken wire in the pad its is a simple fix. The cushion cover is held on my J channels and velcro that is set in the cracks. You may have to remove the seat to do this, take the side panel off and pull back on the J channel. Unplug the heater pad, install new one from dealer and put everything back. I have a guy who works for me that retired from Lear Seating from a plant that made Chevy Truck Seats. If you run into a problem let me know and you guys can talk by phone, he can walk you through it. Also if you don't want to do this yourself you can take it to a auto uphostery shop, cheaper than a dealer. The bolts that hold the seat down are not a regular socket.

Regards Mike

14. jgsxr750

jgsxr750 Member

i have a similar problem with my heatd seats. i have an 05 crew cab 1500 and my driver side heats up but turn on by it'self. i've been trying to figure out if its just from vibrations but i'm just spinning my wheels. the truck has 90k miles and i'm out of warrentee. can anyone give me some input on where to start looking? thanks for letting me add this in on this post.
    Appriecate all the help from this site.

15. jgsxr750

jgsxr750 Member

similar problem

i have a similar problem with my truck its an 05 with 90k miles crew cab. my drivers seat turns on by itself and even if i turn it off it comes back on. i'm spinning my wheels trying to figure out where to start. Can anybody help? should i replace the switch in the door first. deal is going to charge an arm and a leg to fix it since it's out of warranty.