1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy Truck light wiring harness

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Plowguy2009, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Plowguy2009

Plowguy2009 Junior Member

I have a 1993 chevy truck. Bought a used western plow 8ft off 1997 chevy truck. I am having problems with the light wiring harness. I have the new helagen bulbs the harness is wired for the old style three prong headlights. I don't want to buy a new light harness IS THERE A WAY TO JUST CONVERT MINE???? I AM RUNNING WITH NO PLOW LIGHTS HELP HELP!!!!

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Cut and splice either into your factory harness, or go to auto parts store and get the right plugs to splice in.

3. Plowguy2009

got h2o

Do you by chance know what color wires I would have to splice into on factory harness?? I have three plug prongs that plug into the light cylinode then I have the one going out to the headlight.

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I don't know the colors off hand, but a test light will tell you easily. Yours will have a ground for each light and the sealed beams will only have one. That's why there's 3 wires on the 1 type and 4 on the other.

5. Plowguy2009

is there anyway I can take a picture to show you

6. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

yeah, just take the picture and then to post it when you do a reply scroll down and manage attachments below to post it. Just remember to resize it before you post it or it will be huge.

7. Plowguy2009

plow wiring

here is a pic of the back of my headlight and also my original heligen lights cylinode.The square block ones are from the plow harness and there is a female three prong one that went to my old truck and a male one. I used to have a main wiring harness box i plugged in the male connector into the main harness in the truck the female plug plugged into the three prong light. I have a couple more pic but it would only upload one at a time. I am pretty sure i know were to splice for the main harness on the truck the brown and blue wires. i am not sure what the wires do for sure

plow wiring issue 021.jpg

8. Plowguy2009

sorry for the huge picture

i forgot a step in the process lol