1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy truck Dilemma...

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Lubold8431, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Lubold8431

Lubold8431 Member

Ok, so my truck needs some work this summer (99 2500, reg cab, 8ft bed, snowplow prep pkg, tow pkg, 65k miles). Intake manifold gasket, anti-lock brake system trouble, and some body work to fix some rust issues. I figure this is going to set me back more than a grand. Or, I could take that grand, and it put it down for a new truck. With Chevy's deals right now, they are doing $5k cash back or 0% financing for 72 months. Quote I got was $24k for a 08 2500HD WT reg cab, 8ft bed, snowplow prep and tow pkg. I almost choked. How can I turn this down? Someone please help me with this decision...

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm not sure what the rest of the problems will cost to fix, but I think it cost me $100 or so to do my intake gaskets, a case of pop and pizza. It takes a while to do the intake gaskets but if you have a friend helping it actually goes pretty quick and I didn't see anything difficult about it.

3. Up North

Up North Senior Member

if you play your cards right you may be able to do even better on that price. Dealers around here are doing everything they can to sell trucks and SUV's. Fuel prices have dinged their sales pretty good.

Buck

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I'm guessing 24K is the cash price and 29k is 0% for 72. That's a great price, here in Canada that truck is 29K cash price. I know that because I priced one out last week.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  5. Lubold8431

Lubold8431 Member

Yes, thats right... The bad part about it is, I would love to have a new truck, but the good thing is my truck has been working great for me, and has alot of work left in it.
    I also realize that a new truck will start the downward spiral of new plow, new spreader, blah, blah blah....

6. fedspunisher

fedspunisher Member
    from Iowa

How are warranty issues handled when its a plow truck???

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

If it has the plow prep on it, your good to go. My diesels don't and I've never had a problem with warranty,

8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

how much do you think you'd ask for your current truck? just wondering :) don't mean to jump the gun or anything :)

9. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

I would keep it. These trucks have a few bugs in them but once you get them all worked out they are very reliable. My truck is almost identical to yours and Ive got 145,000 on mine still runs like a top and I wouldnt hesitate to take it across country. Maybe its just me but I think its cheaper to maintain the old trucks then to buy new trucks.