1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy Truck and Fisher Plow

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ratorrey, Dec 18, 2008.

1. ratorrey

ratorrey Junior Member
    from Maine

I just purchased a 1992 Silverado, 5.7 liter automatic. It has an older Fisher plow, model unknown. Totally hydraulic, engine mounted pump, mechanical valve body. This plows is solid and heavy. The only electronics are the plow lights. My questions are. How do I determine the model of plow for parts ordering? What other years, makes and models Chevy/GMC could I use this plow on?

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

the plow setup is a speedcaster last built in 1992 if i recall. its the orignal style fisher plow from all the way back basicly.

as for fitment. the truck frame and motor stuff will be 88-up same body style on frame work and 88-95 for motor brackets and stuff and same small block motor.

good reliable setup and yes thay are a tiny bit slower but no draw on batt and alt all the time.

i have one on my 79k30 1ton chevy. love it. i have a 8ft blade and also a 9ft blade.