1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

chevy to ford

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Boomdog, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Boomdog

Boomdog Junior Member

I have a 94 chevy 1500 with a MM1 on it. Im going to be putting the plow on a 2005 f150. Is there anything on the truck side of the chevy I can use on the ford? Thanks in advance for any help

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The battery cables, the controller and possibly the control harness but that would depend on which wiring system you currently have. With the old relay system it will only be the battery cables and the controller. If it's an Iso system then the control harness also.

3. Boomdog

Boomdog Junior Member

I do have the isolation mod, white bar code label. Can anyone tell me what else I would need? By the way the Chevy has 3 plugs. THANKS!

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Then you're in luck, just need the 28242 and 28244 headlamp harness's and you're good.

5. Boomdog

Boomdog Junior Member

Ok One more question I guess. Does it matter which one I go with? And if so, how do I know if I need the 28242 or the 28244? THANKS!!

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You need them both. One is for the left headlamp, one is for the right. There is no choices to be made.

7. Boomdog

Boomdog Junior Member

Found someone selling ford/dodge harness for trucks with "HB-1 or HB-5" headlights... Anyone know if this is what I need for the '05 F150?

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your F150 has H13's in it so an HB1/HB5 harness will do you no good.

You running a 4 port Iso module?

9. Boomdog

Boomdog Junior Member

Yes I have a 4 port ISO Mod. I saw a light harness for sale for Ford and Dodge w/ H13 lights. The part number was 29049. You had said 28242 and 28244. Is there a difference between the 29049 and the ohers. THANKS

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes there is a big difference. The 29049 is for a 3 port Iso. Wouldn't do you much good.