1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy to Ford Swap

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by HeartlandOKC, Oct 10, 2011.

1. HeartlandOKC

HeartlandOKC Member

I bought a used Ultramount Pro-plow that was on a 2007 Chevy(new style) 1500 and I'm going to put it on a 2009 Ford F250. There is a pic of what I have to work with below.

I think all I need is the mount and headlamp harness. I just wanted to double check before I started ordering parts. Am I missing anything?

Parts needed...
    Mount Assembly: 31269
    Headlamp Harness: 29049

plowparts.jpg

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

You are correct, all you will need is a headlight harness and the mount. Don't forget to verify your plow configuration.... There are four options on the plates at the end of the swivel bar. Fords are usually a lot higher in the front ends than GMCs so it is probably set at configuation option 1. For a for I would expect it to be set higher, option 2 or 3. If it is not set correctly the A-frame will not be parallel to the ground and your cutting edge will wear round.

3. HeartlandOKC

HeartlandOKC Member

Thanks for your help! I will make sure it's parallel. One more question. This is the mount I was given from the previous owner. It's off the newer body style '07 chevy 1500. I know the mount is the long piece in front and the two pieces on the left. What do the two pieces on the right do? Here is the mount I bought. HERE Do I need these pieces with that mount?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  4. mishnick

These pieces at the right rear of the photo are called the recievers. They are like removable funnels. They make it easier to drive into the plow for hookup. During the summer you can take them off to give your truck a bit more ground clearance in the front end, especially appreciated on GMs as they are so very low. These recievers are often stolen as they are so easily removed without tools. I replaced my pins with a couple of 3/4" bolts and nylock nuts to prevent opportunists from "liberating" them. The Ebay link shows no recievers so yes you will need them. These pieces are the same for every Western ultramount.

It looks like your photo is either croped or the front crossbrace of the mount is modified... There should be two bolts on each end... is this just an optical illusion?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  5. HeartlandOKC

HeartlandOKC Member

Alright. So the receivers will work with the mount I bought and I definitely need them is what I think you're saying? Yes, the pic is cut off and blends in with the white background of the site. Thanks again.

6. mishnick

Yes you certainly do need them. Sorry I was not more clear.