1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MOSEY, Jan 24, 2000.

1. MOSEY

MOSEY Junior Member

I just got a 96 tahoe, it feels like a toy coming from a 88 2500 suburban. My problem -its too low, I bottom out on steep driveways. My dealer adjusted the torsion bars it helped a bit(mabey) but now I need a wheel alignment and my headlights are out of wack when the plow is off. I was wondering if changing tire size will help,how big can I go and how off will my speedo be ?Is there anything else to do besides the whole lift kit thing (too much $$)I use a 7.5 standard western.Thanks I love this forum great advice & always some laughs.<p>Mosey
  2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Look under the truck and see how much they adjusted the torsion bars. It is very easy to do. There is a jacking bolt near the rear mount of the torsion bar, and all you have to do is screw it in. I got about 2&quot; of lift when I turned my up. Adjusting the headlights is easy also.<br>Now you may be able to get a 265/85/16 on the truck but probably not, but look and see. Also try a set of load boosters for the front. They are easy to install, and run about 130$. Write for part #'s if you are interested.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org