1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy Tahoe 2 Door

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by ROYALT91, Oct 4, 2005.

1. ROYALT91

ROYALT91 Member

How does anyone feel about plowing with the 2 door Tahoe's. I have always plowed with a jeep and had great success, perfect vehicle for those smaller driveways. I just bought a 2 Door tahoe witha curtis blade. I know that im def going to prob use timbrens and i probably install new heavy duty shocks, Is there any other things i should look out with with plowing with this type of vehicle.
  2. GSORK

GSORK Senior Member

Trans temp gauge.Larger transmission cooler. Ballast for the rear.Larger back up lights
  3. larryjlk

larryjlk Member

I plowed a 2 dr Yukon for 9 years. It does just fine except you cant see too well out the back window because its so high. backed into a low branch once and knocked out the rear window. It got fixed by insurance for $1800. Good light duty truck though.
  4. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Ask BNC Services, I think he/they have one???
  5. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

The tahoes do well plowing, you should go ahead with beefing up the front end a little. What size Curtis plow is on there and what year is the truck. As mentioned above, watch the tranny and make sure you service it before the season starts.
  6. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

Royal T it's almost time to go play :drinkup: in the white stuff payup

JRKRACE Senior Member

A friend of mine has had one for 12 years and he won't get rid of it because he likes it so much. This guy has a 7.5 Meyer Poly blade and does about 50 drive a storm with it. Same motor, same tranny. But I have to say, he takes very good care of it.
  8. ROYALT91

ROYALT91 Member

Its a 96 with 7 1/2 curtis. Im def putting the timbrens and prob new shocks all around have decieded on what brand Bilstein, Rancho, Edlebrock
  9. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

I plow with a 4-door Tahoe and a 7.5 Blizzard. Since I do mostly small, well lit parking lots I don't have many issues with looking out the tinted windows. But I can see how vision might be a problem in darker areas. I have the barn doors in back though, so snow on the back windows (even with the defroster on) can be a bit of a *****. Wish I had the tailgate/single window rear setup so I could have a wiper back there.
  10. gpin

gpin Senior Member

The 2 door Tahoe will kick ass in tight spaces. As mentioned, it will hold up better if you beef up the front end. The comfort factor will kick in during prolonged events. We have a 1970 blazer that has pushed snow for over 20 years. Rust prevents it from passing inspection, but we still leave it on commercial lot and use it for the tight spots. Luckily the lot is next to a service station so the poor beast can get an oil change and service when needed.

On anything 1/2 ton, I try to keep employees out of them as they don't hold up as well under abuse. If you, the owner, are behind the wheel you shouldn't have any problems.
  11. westwind

westwind Member

Look into air bags for the front suspension. Excellent vehicle for res. driveways.
  12. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

I put a set of timbrens on my front end and they help A LOT!! :bluebounc