1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

chevy sub frame

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by dodge_dude, Mar 5, 2009.

1. dodge_dude

dodge_dude Member
    from canada

Hey guys Iam looking for a subframe and the EIS wiring and or part numbers for both.I can't seem to find it on the sno way web site. Its for my 06 chevy 2500hd. The plow is a 7'6 mt. It came off my 01 1500 dodge.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Not available with out a conversion kit. you might get a 99100614 on there, maybe. would take some modification of the front fascia/ air damn. As for the EIS, if you have an MT it does not have the EIS you need the standard system with a 99100529 harness and the 99100592 adapter.

3. dodge_dude

dodge_dude Member
    from canada

I don't want to cut into the fascia and air dam. Is there cutting with the conversion kit?
    I believe its an mt it doesn't have the 2 diagonal ribs. But it does have the EIS electrical and the two hooks for the front mount when i took it out of my dodge. Is there another way to see what kind of plow I have?

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Irf it has EIS it was done after the factory. do the light plugs have to plug togeather for the truck lights to work when the plow is removed?

There is a serial number on the plow that will identify it.

5. dodge_dude

dodge_dude Member
    from canada

Yeah you got to plug them together to make the truck lights work.
    Theres numbers all over the frame(plow side). Is this it: 26D101053?

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Then you have a 26 series with DP and yes you have EIS.

There is no mount available to mount a 26 series to a 2500HD, too much truck for the plow. That plow is designed for 1/2 ton pick ups and SUVs.

7. dodge_dude

dodge_dude Member
    from canada

Thanks Basher, It looks like I have to get a new plow then.

I thought 26 series have 2 diagonal ribs on the blade? On my blade it only has 5 vertical ribs.
    The dealer must of sold me a 26 series sub and plow frame and gave me a MT series blade?
    If thats even possible.

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

9. dodge_dude

dodge_dude Member
    from canada

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

can you find a serial number on the moldboard?

11. dodge_dude

dodge_dude Member
    from canada

90c110347 is the number on the moldboard.

12. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Something just doesn't add up here. You have given us a serial number off the power pack that is for a 26D Series Plow yet the blade serial number and the photo is for an MT Series Blade. The swing frame on the 26 Series and the MT Series Blade are not compatible. Additional photos of the power pack, a-frame, light hook-ups, etc. would be beneficial.

13. dodge_dude

dodge_dude Member
    from canada

I'll try to get pics for you guys with the serial # and post it tomorrow. The plow is buried in the snow in our yard I'll have to dig it out first.

14. dodge_dude

dodge_dude Member
    from canada

Heres the pics

DSC02868.jpg

DSC02867.jpg

DSC02865.jpg

DSC02864.jpg

DSC02863.JPG

15. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

So that is all 26series, what about the blade?

16. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Did you buy these as separate pieces? Were they purchased from a dealer? From what you are telling us for serial numbers and the pictures of the power pack you definitely have a 26D Power Pack. But the serial number for the blade is an MT series and it will not be compatible with the 26D Power Pack (if indeed it is an MT Series Blade). Pictures of the blade would also be helpful.

17. dodge_dude

dodge_dude Member
    from canada

I got it brand new from the dealer here in winnipeg.
    Here the pic of the blade. I think its an mt blade. If its a 26 it would have the diagonal 2 ribs rite?
    Theres a link above when it was on my dodge.

DSC02869.jpg

DSC02871.jpg

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  18. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

I don't mean to sound redundant with the questions but have you used the power pack and the blade together? Why is the blade not attached to the power pack in the photos?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  19. dodge_dude

dodge_dude Member
    from canada