1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy S10 / SnoWay Plow set up

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ramp, Dec 27, 2011.

1. ramp

ramp Member

I just purchased and removed a SnoWay set up for my S10. It was previously on a Blazer. The owner stated that it was nearly impossible to change the oil filter once mount is installed. He also had the electrical connector mounted on top of the bumper. Any suggestions for electrical connector mounting? How do others change oil filter after mount is installed?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

3. ramp

ramp Member

Snoway / Chevy S10

It the first mount. A three point configuration.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It will be a pain to change the oil filter:mechanic:

Either above or below the bumper. the only alternative is drilling a hole in the bumper.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

6. ramp

ramp Member

That is a great suggestion! I 'll look into this for sure. I'm removing the heads of the engine to be renewed. While it's in the garage for a few days I'll try to locate a convenient location. Any suggestions for where to place the plug or just leave it loose.

Thank you

7. ramp

ramp Member

I do not see an obvious location to move the oil filter to. The mount has been painted, maybe when I place it under the frame it will become more clear.

8. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

what year is your s10

I love my Z

9. ramp

ramp Member

2003 extended cab, SL
    The oil filter is mounted in the middle of the cross member.

10. blazer2plower

Ok its in a diffrent spot than my zr2. I did have a 97 WT where the owner befor me put it on the frame and made,a box to help
    keep it from getting messed up. And you might want to get a tranny cooler. I put one on and my temp in the pan is now 180-190
    add 10° for in side the bell housing. Mine is 7"x11" ill send you a list of mods that you might want to do to your s10 latter to day
    off to work now. Hope I helped out.

I love my Z

11. ramp

ramp Member

Great, thanks!

12. blazer2plower

First of all you will need a biger alt and the big 3. Your alt is eather a 100 amp or 105 amp. Get one from an a 03 suburban flex fuel
    its a 145 amp alt and a 1" longer belt and some air bags or some bigger bump stops. If you have any Q give me a pm ill help u out .

I love my Z

13. ramp

ramp Member

The guy I purchased the plow from gave me a set of Timbrens. He said it was necessary for plowing. Thanks for the tip on the alternator. I've heard about it but you explained it properly for me to understand.

I have to put the engine back together first this weekend, then I'll tackle this plow thing.

14. blazer2plower

The alt is a direct bolt on. I got mine from a bone yard and had it rebelt. And you will see the size diffrent's. Just becarefull not to break the ears on the mount. Keep your old alt for a backup. If you need help just ask

I love my Z