1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by The Boss, Nov 5, 2003.

1. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Hi everyone!

My question is:
    I currently have a 99 F250 powerstroke diesel but I'm going to trade it in next week for a chevy.:) I can't find a 3/4 ton anywhere so I'm going to geta 1/2 ton. Does any body think it will handle a Boss V plow if I beef up the suspension? I used to have a brand new 2001 Chevy 2500HD but had nothing but problems with it so I went to ford:( Big mistake!
    Thanks for any advice!

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Wouldnt do the boss an a 1500, fisnd a 2500hd or stay with a ford

3. The Boss

Thanks crash:)

I would keep my ford but it's too long. Super cab with 8' bed.
    I went truck hunting the other day but nobody has any 3/4 tons and none of the dealerships can locate any. One dealership told me they have been trying to find a 3/4 ton for a guy for over a year and a half! They all want my truck but nothing has caught my eye yet. Not a whole lot to choose from where I live! (quad cities)

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

You can have problems with any truck.Both the GM and the Ford are good trucks.Keep your F250,and put a v-blade on it.Forget about it on the 1500.

5. The Boss

Wyldman,

for this year I'm just going to switch my straight blade over to my next truck. Maybe next year I can find a 3/4 ton:)

6. Youll have a heck of a time finding a 3/4 ton right now, unless you order one.. But that would take too much time..
    I got mine in the spring and they searched for almost 4 weeks to find it....
    Why dont you order one, and use your ford until it comes in...
    :drinkup:
    or try dodge....I looked at them and liked them , but the dealer here is an @@# H#$# .
    chow.

7. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

It's far away but Mirak in Arlington MA has plenty of trucks, all cab configurations

8. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

If your hell bent on a V then go with the 7'6" V from Boss,only trouble is it will be to small if you upgrade trucks in the future.

9. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

Why are you switching from Ford to Chevy? The F250 is a great truck!