1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

chevy plow trucks

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by coral, Oct 2, 2008.

1. coral

coral Senior Member

you either love them or hate them, but we all know that every one has owned one, so lets see some of those trucks

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

This truck has since been retired:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Here is my 98.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Mark, if you were buying a truck would you consider a 1500 again or for sure upgrade to 2500?

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I over work my poor 1500 to much. I wish I got a 2500 or 3500srw. I never intended to plow with it or carry so much stuff with me though. With my gvwr of 6200 I'm allowed 350lbs of payload right now before I'm over it. My trucks a little porker. Or as B&B said, its this smilie : :cry:

I can't complain though, its held up well. Daily driver, I've put 33.5k on it in 2.5 years. I plow commercially with a 7.6ft unimount with wings (9.7ft), usually am quite a bit over my gvwr, usually at least 1k over. And I'll try to tow just about anything, tomarrow might be a 10-11k bobcat and trailer combo.

Here is my truck with the plow and wings.
    [​IMG]
    It now has a steel edge on the plow but still the poly on the wings.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  6. erkoehler

Haven't seen many Chevy 3500 SRW.....do they make one?

I really like this Ford F350 srw, and am strongly considering purchasing this one. Wish it was diesel, but the v10 gas only has 52k on it.

1.jpg

7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Ya, they made them. Not to many of them around though.

I've been driving a 2002 ford f250, ec/lb 4x4 with the 5.4 triton a lot lately. Its got 84k on it and had a pretty rough life and I pulled a 10-11k trailer combo ontop of the 8-9k of the truck (lotta junk and full toolboxes) from the far side of algonquin up and down the hills to woodstock then all over woodstock today. It wasn't quick but it did it fine. No trailer brakes was kinda interesting though. I might pull with my truck tomarrow since I have a brake controller so the hills in algonquin might not be such an exciting ride.

Edit, Chicago Mastercraft. Is that across from Prairie Isle golf course?

8. erkoehler

Yes, we just bought that building.......Want to buy a boat? I'll throw in a free ATV w/ plow!

We have a 2005 F250 as one of our shop trucks w/ the smaller v8 and it does ok. Will tow anything we throw at it, but don't pull out in to traffic without a LARGE space to pick up speed.

9. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Our friends have a prostar 197, but why buy a boat if I can use thiers? lol

I just went past there a few days ago and saw the boats. I played golf at prairie isle for 10 years or so.

I have to do the same with that ford I'm driving. It takes a while to pick up speed and I'm glad I'm not paying the fuel bill, towing the bobcat 5-7mpg seems to be the normal. To much stop and go and hills by algonquin.

10. erkoehler

Is the 197 local? Whats the last name? Wonder if we service it..........

11. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

It lives mostly up in Land O Lakes, Wi. It's been back here to woodstock only 2 or 3 times but never serviced around here I don't think. It's at their vacation home up there.

Edit, I take it you havn't been here for 10 days or whatever the limit is for pm's?

12. erkoehler

Don't know what the deal is with PM's........eventually I am told I will be allowed the gift of the PM.

We have a place in St. Germain, Wi. Simply awesome up there! Makes me want to take a long weekend and go north!!!!

13. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

They have an island house up in Land O Lakes, equipt with all the toys for both snow and water. Northern, Wi is great, I love going up there. And around here they have some aviation related toys and a bunch of atvs. We all ride a few times a week together in the summer. They are great people and like thier toys, now if they would just buy a work truck with more motor then a 5.4. to move 20k lbs+ of truck and trailer.

14. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

Here's one,....

The Super plow (Small).JPG

15. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Jesus H., that's a lot of plow, even for a Chevy! Any idea what all that weighs?

Is that your place? Man, I'm jealous, it's beautiful. Wish I could live in a log home in God's Country.

16. 6.5LTDFisher

6.5LTDFisher Member

My friend has a 3500 SRW 6.5 Diesel :) Reg cab long bed. He loves that truck with a 8' Fisher Minute Mount

17. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

Chevy plow trucks Rule!!

my dad has a 96 with 7.5 Old style Fisher on it. first time last year the truck had plow in it, worked really good.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

The Boss 9.2 V-blade with wings weighs just over 1000 lbs, and is 11' wide. (I never drive down the highway w/wings on, unless it's just from house to house right next to each other).

Yeah, that's my place,... it's not big, but very warm & functional. I cut all the logs and built it myself from scratch,... all the logs cost me a total of $20 (BLM permit). I spent more than that on chainsaw gas,... :D:salute:

Fall Time (Small).JPG

19. samjr

samjr Senior Member

heres my 04

this is my 04 2500HD with 8.5 Fisher EZ-V

IMG_0684.jpg

IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0689_1.jpg

20. samjr

samjr Senior Member

with plow sorry lol

my truck.jpg