1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

chevy plow questions. someone help please

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by 99silverado, Aug 19, 2010.

1. 99silverado

99silverado Junior Member

ok i have a 99 silverado 4x4 and my uncle has a 06 f350 with a 8ft MM2 he says if i get my truck set up i can use his plow. so... what do i need? and roughly what will it cost me ? parts only i can install myself.
  2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

You will need a set of push plates, a wiring harness, and a controller. The cost should be about 900 to 1,000 dollars depending on location, and so forth. Is your 99 a 3/4 ton or 1/2 ton? Fisher plows are pretty heavy, so if it's only a 1/2 ton, you may need timbrens or air shocks on the front of the truck. Timbrens cost about 300 plus an alignment if I'm not mistaken. Air shocks or helper springs will be much cheaper, but the ride of your truck will suck. It will be like driving a log wagon fully loaded. Good Luck
  3. bullettooth81

bullettooth81 Senior Member

Timbrens for a chevy are only about $200-$250 and should not require a re-alignment is done properly. Air shocks will cost around $350 and on up from there.