1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

chevy parts...

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Up North, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Anyone know of a good place to get Chevy parts? I have a couple items I need to replace on my 2000 1/2 ton ext. cab Silverado. I need a new rear door handle, driver side. And a new tailgate cap. I know I can get these at the local dealer but I'm guessing they'd charge an arm & a leg so thought I'd check here first. Let me know...thanks!

2. SteveB(wi)

SteveB(wi) Member

3. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

gmdieseltech.com Talk to Eric. This is for GM stuff(he sells some other stuff too but mostly GM stuff. He is a tech and can answer about any question you have also
  4. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Thanks guys! I'll check them out. Called the local Chev dealer and they want $62 just for the tailgate cap... :eek: The rear door handle wasn't too bad, $32.

5. BigRedBarn

BigRedBarn Senior Member

I might have a used tailgate cap for you off of my stepfather's old 2002 (if it's what I think you're looking for, the black plastic thing that goes over the top of the tailgate when it's in the up position). If you interested (like maybe for the price of shipping) send me an e-mail (alternate address: OldTractor@hotmail.com) or a private message.
  6. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Buck - Sent you a PM.

Get back to me when you have a chance. :nod:
  7. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Thanks much guys! I sent PM's to you BigRedBarn and Bad Luck. I appreciate the help. :nod: