1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy or Ford

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by chevy$men, Oct 4, 2011.

1. chevy$men

chevy$men Senior Member

im looking at a new truck which do u guys think is better if i will work it plow with it use it for pulling the trailer other stuff 2 it have 2 be a 3/4 ton or 1 ton pick up reg cab or exten guys say ford or chevy ???? let know what u think
  2. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Ford is the obvious answer in this case. Unless you like Chevy's, then obviously Chevy is the better choice, or you could be partially ******** like myself and buy a Dodge, which is better than all of them. Then there's Toyota which is like the Caddy of all trucks, but then again who consider's a Caddy a nice car nowadays? Ford is like a BMW, Chevy is like a Mercede's, Dodge is like an Audi, if we were comparing to German vehicles which I know we aren't but seriously to answer your question, just look in your heart and decide.

4. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

Ford is the only choice. 3/4 or a 1 ton is up to you... how much do you plan on hauling?
  5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Some will say Ford and some will say Chevy..and then you're back to where you were again.
  6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

If you enjoy replacing u-joints and ball joints, and prefer gutless gas engines, get a Ford. If you want a nice riding truck with a long lasting 6K front axle get a Chevy.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  7. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

I like Chevys. Always had them, my family has always had them, and they've always been good to me done everything I asked and then some, and never let me down. I had one ford truck that had 124,000 miles on it and it was worse off than a Chevy I had that was 8 years older and had 206k on it. If you're buying brand new, then you should be pretty well off with either of them in terms of repairs and breakdowns, so look at both and decide which truck you like better.
  8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I could be interested in a new 2500hd, but the whole bail out thing has turned me off of doing business with GM. And I don't feel like having a payment.
  9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You don't think the banks that lent money to Ford when they were ready to belly flop have been bailed out with TARP money?
  10. chevy$men

chevy$men Senior Member

tundra good truck
  11. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

If you want a work truck buy a Ford, If you want a car with a big trunk buy a Chevy!Thumbs UpThumbs Up
  12. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Bowtie say it
  13. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

Ford or Chevy that is up to you. Each has their advantages and disadvantages. I would say go with the 1 ton at a minimum.
  14. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

15. NickT

NickT Senior Member

ahh the age old question, I think we need a poll anyone know how to do that???
  16. plowguy43

Yeah but they weren't being bailed out at the time Ford got the loans, kinda making that a moot point. Ford only survived by selling off most all its stakes in the other car companies it basically owned (Volvo, Jag, Range Rover, Mazda) but not before taking the cars and using their chassis as a base for its entire car lineup. But I digress.

The bailouts are one thing, but whats more annoying is the whole "Old GM/Old Chrysler" vs "New GM/New Chrysler" issues that have been popping up.
  17. chevy$men

chevy$men Senior Member

i hear that ford was always a big lie about there horse power
  18. plowguy43

What were they lieing about, how low it was?

The only lie they got caught on was the 99 Mustang Cobra. They issued a fix, stopped production for 2000 and reintroduced it in 2001. Then in 2003 Came the terminator that was underrated and was putting out more power than Ford had said it was.
  19. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Why would you ask a question that is going to cause a huge debate?!
    You mine as well ask if a person should be democrat or republican!
    As fOr a lie about their HP, Apparently you heard wrong
  20. jbell36

jbell36 Senior Member
    from Kansas

welll.......i'm partial to ford, couple reasons why...always had a ford, ALL have been great trucks...my dad works for the county and they buy ford because they are the easiest to work on and are very reliable trucks...had a dodge, that was a f'n piece...

chevy has independent front suspension vs. fords solid, solid is better for plowing...i would go with a 1 ton regular cab...i feel extended cabs are pointless, either go regular or crew, just my opinion...regular cab is much easier to see out of while plowing...

really i think the big 3 are all decent trucks, each have their better years/generations...i'm not saying i strictly wouldn't drive a chevy i am just more partial to ford