1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

chevy oil pressure

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by smokey, Dec 28, 2002.

1. smokey

smokey Member
    from indy

How hard is it to install an aftermarket oil pressure gauge on a chevy? Mine is not reading correctly and I replaced the sending unit and that was a no fix. thanks
  2. Dan S.

Dan S. Member

First you have to decide if your going to use a mechincal or electric type gauge? Buy the one you like and follow the instructions that come with the gauge, most of them are fairly simple to install, the toughest part will probably be finding a good location for the new gauge. It would be a good idea to verify that your engine has adaquate oil pressure, pull the sending unit and attach a mechincal gauge that you know works properly to check oil pressure. Also check the wire from the sending unit to the gauge and make sure your gauge is getting power.
    Good Luck

3. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

auto pod?

I would go for the gauge mounted on the windshield pillar, also add a tranny gauge