1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

chevy next time

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by bdemir, Jan 6, 2000.

1. bdemir

bdemir Member

i just purchased first full size truck and ive driven my dads lumina and caddilacs and from what i see, hear and read about on this formu i think that chevy builds them tough compared to ford and dodge. My next truck will be a GM.

2. MATTHEW

MATTHEW Member
    from NE OHIO

full size

Depends. If you want an older truck, I think the best ones made
    are the FORD 150's with a straight 6 engine and a 5 speed manual trans. I paid $3,000 for an '89 5 years ago and used the heck out of it- and it still drives like new. Does not burn any oil at
    all, even at 100,000 miles. I put an extra leaf spring on it that I bought from AutoZone for $35.00. I've put 2000 in the back several times, and it holds up nicely!

3. bummerkit

bummerkit Member

my family has had two fords and they both fell apart the first year we had them. I think they suck.

4. 85w/350

85w/350 Senior Member

I think its a matter of prefrence(trying not to be too biased)...the straight 6 300 matthew is refering to is a good engine however its one of few. Over time each truck has been known for havign a better ride than another or towing better or better accelleration or whatever but overall i think car and driver and many other magazines will back the GM enthusiast and tell you you can't go wrong buying the GM vehicles. Especially GM small blocks are the **** in my opinion(i've got three trucks all with 350's)...tons of parts readily avalible and lots of easy and not so easy bolt ups. Plus i have always hated how F*rd motors have the oil filter mounted on the sides of teh block...perfect position to spill oil all over at every oil change.
    P.S. -- I really dont care for any GM economy cars