1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy mount

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by 85 Toyota 22R, Nov 27, 2007.

1. 85 Toyota 22R

85 Toyota 22R Member
    from IL

What is the difference between a mount off a 2001 chevy 2500hd and a 2007 2500hd classic? I should be getting a 2007 2500hd duramax classic and would like to put my snoway on it. I found a mount for cheap but it is off a 2001 or 2002, is it just something small that is different or what. Could it be easily modified to fit or should i pass and find the right mount? Thanks

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That mount changed in 2003.

3. 85 Toyota 22R

85 Toyota 22R Member
    from IL

Yea, I know but i didn't know if the mount would physically fit. I didn't know if all chevy changed was the frame horns for the different bumper or if the frame changed. Oh well looks like ill have to modify the old dodge mount again, It's already been on 4 diff. trucks whats another?

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I'm not saying you can't get it on there. It might not sit a nice, might need to do more trimming.

5. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Exactly I think it will fit... but it won't be as pretty as the one that is made for your truck!

6. 85 Toyota 22R

85 Toyota 22R Member
    from IL

But you think it will fit? thats ok if it doesn't look the best I would probably just take the valance off for the winter anyways and take the mount off for the warmer seasons.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That truck's UG'ly with-out the valance.

Try putting one of the side plates up in place see what ti looks like.
    then you could jack the cross member up and see how it fits, what needs trimmed and what can be pushed up out of place. Not sure exactly what mount you have but this should be representative.

http://www.snoway.com/service/Subframes/97101154a.pdf

8. 85 Toyota 22R

85 Toyota 22R Member
    from IL

Well actually it's the old 3 pin style mount. And I don't have have the mount here. Its about 100 miles away so I was just asking here before I pulled the trigger on buying it. Thanks for all your help basher. And not to be a bother, but would you happen to have any pictures on how the light tower mounts to the plow? Mine didn't come with the tower and I can't find any used so ill just make one. Thanks for all the help