1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy moment of TRUTH!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Ole Tower, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Ole Tower

Ole Tower Senior Member
    from MAINE

I*M an Ole GUY & having had all the Makes of Pick Ups-FORD-CHEVY-INTERNATIONAL-DODGE & One GMC I must admit all older models I SOLD my GAS Ford & haven*t had a GMC in years so I can*t be Critcal there? I have 88 Dodge that has a Computer Problem? & I needed a Pick Up so I Dug out the Ole 75 Chevy that I parked a couple of years Ago! threw a Battery in it & to My Surprise! She Fired UP! but the 4 barrel leaked Bad! so I changed to a 2 Barrel intake which is all I had & had the 2 barrel re-built & did a walk around inspecting for RUST & it needed drivers Side Inner & outer Rockers & both rear wheel well openings & the "Y"pipe is Shot!--so I assume? a complete Exhaust System? & a NEW HD battery & ME & My Chevy are on the Road Again! Funny Really! as when You Do Replace a Vehicle due to what ever? & in Desperation! have to GO back to IT! & its There! only needing a Litle compaired to a Lot--in My mind that Don*t take a Lot of Brain Work! to Deside? what? Make Truck is the BEST! enough SAID! Ole Tower

2. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

You can completely rebuild a 73-87 Chevy for dirt cheap, have a like new truck for next to no money. Chevy parts are the most readily available and the cheapest, because they made them so long and were so popular. I was amazed 2 years ago when I bought a 66 Impala, stopped at AutoZone to see if I could order the parts to rebuild the brakes. Not only were they cheap, they were in stock!
    No one is ever going to change my mind that Chevy is the best.