1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy marker lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 2004chevy2500hd, Jan 4, 2011.

1. 2004chevy2500hd

2004chevy2500hd Senior Member

Just wondering if anyone has any background knowledge of why chevys have a problem with marker lights blowing out? The more I drive around the more I see all kinds of chevys with a marker light out (usually on the front passenger side). Is this a sign to check "this" or "that". I picked up my 2004 2500HD and had to replace darn near every two stage bulb (front and rear) - Again, just wondering if this is part of a larger issue.

Thank you.
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Don't see many marker lights out, but plenty of Daytime Running Lights out.

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

i see those out on chevys all the time as well
  4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Most common thing i see is the new LED roof marker lights on the GM's that seem to have LED's in them that don't work
  5. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

The passenger side DRL went out on my 2000 twice in a year...no other bulbs have blown on me in the 4 years since.
  6. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I've noticed that a lot too. Ford and Chevy seem to be having the same problem. Its sad when you drive around and see a 2010 truck with 4 out of the 5 marker lights burned out. My neighbor said he took a brand new F350 with 150 miles on it for a test drive (before he bought his Chevy:help:) and one of the marker lights was burned out already.
  7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

My friend(s) that work at the local dealer said they've seen them back off the carrier with them already out....it just blows my mind that problems like this don't get fixed somewhat quickly by the Mfg. Its just so blatantly obvious that something is wrong!
  8. DeereFarmer

The worst is people are paying SO much money for these new trucks and they either have to go back under warranty to get it fixed or fix it themselves if its out of warranty. Its rediculous.
  9. 2004chevy2500hd

Just went to drive my 2500 today - hit the unlock on the keyfob remote and noticed that the drive side backup light is now out....

I need to buy stock in Napa!!
  10. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I've had a 2001,a 2004, and now a 2006.I think I've only replaced 3 bulbs among all 3 in app. 270K miles.Maybe it's because I always run with my plow shoes on.:D
  11. joshg

joshg Senior Member
    from VT

I've had trouble with my DRL in my 2000 2500. But hadn't considered it was anything other than issues with my truck. Prior owner had strobes spliced in and things are all wankered. Tried to clean it up but still blowing fuses. Ugh...its on the project list...for now the fuse is out on my DRLs but i notice driving around that tons of guys have only one or none working.
  12. 2004chevy2500hd

I'm going to keep an eye out - I just thought that it was interesting - I picked up this truck from a landscaper - who plowed with it during the off season. The mileage was relatively low and the price was great - trade off is that I've had to dump a couple of $Gs fixing this up. laughing - maybe that's why he was selling it so cheap....Anywho - All of the big stuff is fixed - it's funny that these little things that are creeping up. I hope that this is the last of 'em.

The fun of having a bigger truck - This was a replacement for my 2002 Tundra.
  13. DeereFarmer

Good luck with your new truck. When buying a used truck everything goes wrong within the first six months and then it smooths out. You notice everything that is wrong with it and you either just lvie with it or fix it.
  14. 2004chevy2500hd

yeah - that is soooo true - the wife was "kinda" - in a very polite way saying - "enough money being spent on the truck"