1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

chevy low beam headlight problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by shivdor, Jan 22, 2011.

1. shivdor

shivdor Junior Member

I have an 89 chevy 2500 work truck (single headlight style) with a e47 3 switch power angle plow. About 2 weeks ago was driving to work without the plow and lost my low beams. I thought that I lost both headlights but when I went to replace the low beams I unplugged the wiring harness and the passage side low beams came on. The plow lights works as they should. High and low beams on plow no problem. My low beams on the truck work when they feel like it. I have replaced the wiring harness on the drivers side with no luck. The truck low beams still work only when they want to. The plow light always work and the truck high beams always works. I checked the ground that is not. I don't believe truck has a headlight relay. So I am stuck. Could the switch to turn on the plow lights be the problem?????

2. earthmattersllc

earthmattersllc Junior Member
    from PA

Im not 100% shure but I think I had the same problem 3 years ago and it was the switch. I just was out plowing yesterday and my low beams on the truck and plow dont work so I'm going to try replacing my switch again.

3. earthmattersllc

earthmattersllc Junior Member
    from PA

Also double check all the wiring conections to the switch thats switches from plow to truck lights.