1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy High Beams Stay On All the Time

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by thirteen, Oct 28, 2012.

1. thirteen

thirteen Junior Member

I know when I walk away from a problem and come back the next day I always figure it out. But in the meantime I figure I will see if my problem is obvious to someone else. I just took my wiring out of one truck and put in another today.

My high beams stay one with the low beams.

2002 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L

Headlight adapters Clip on the “A” Side (I will check to make sure they all are).

Left Side Lights: Blue Boss Wire to Light Blue GM Wire
    Yellow Boss Wire to Brown GM Wire

Right Side Lights: Pink Boss Wire to Dark Blue GM Wire

Black/Red Control Power to SEO block – upper right – key on power only

Main Power Wires and small Wires both Positive to Battery terminal and both Negative to Battery Terminal. Fuse is in good working order.

Truck/Plow light switch works. Headlights come on for “Truck” and headlights off for “Plow”.

I have not hooked up the plow yet but solenoid clicks when pressing controller.

High Beam indicator on dash is always on when the lights are on. Clicking high beam switch does nothing.

I must have one wire wrong. Anyone notice the obvious mistake?

Boss manual says this issue is probably the GM A/B issue but I am mostly sure I have all on the "A" side. I will check again tomorrow when it is light out and I am not so tired.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

For an 02 you need to be on the "B" side. So changing them will fix your issue if they're currently on the "A" side.

3. thirteen

thirteen Junior Member

Thanks. That's what happens when I get tired. I will change those tomorrow and see what happens.