1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy height with plows on??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jvm81, Jan 14, 2011.

1. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

I have an 08 and 09 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 regular cab. Almost exact trucks but one having power windows the other not.

Both trucks have a BOSS V plow on them. The 08 with plow on hangs, sits low and looks like the rear end is coming up (we are even out with weight in rear end) When plow lifted up you gotta take corners, bumps and humps in the road easy or the plow will touch on the outside tips.

The 09 truck just sits higher. Plow is higher. Never touches nothing. The one issue with this truck is the driver side wing when lowered is say about 1-2 inches off the ground. Something is not level somewhere, somehow.

T-bars, appear to be the same. Tires are the same. Both on plow prep pgk. I just don't understand the height issue?

I would like the 08 to be equal to the 09.

Any ideas?
  2. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

You could put some turns on the torsion bars. I am hoping to do this to my 2007 2500HD
    (maybe in spring)

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

my 2500HD has an 8' fisher and the front end is pretty low with the plow up. im thinking about a leveling kit for next year