1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

CHEVY/GMC, FORD or DODGE

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by merrimacmill, Dec 9, 2007.

?

Chevy/GMC, Ford, or Dodge???

1. Chevy/GMC

49.1%
  2. Ford

32.1%
  3. Dodge

18.9%
  1. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Now, I know this is an age old topic that has been beaten to death probibly at every NASCAR race, on just about every forum that exists and just about everytime a ford guy talks to a chevy guy. But I just had to do it..:) oh ya, toyotas aren't applicable in this poll :realmad:

2. TEX

TEX Senior Member

see signature

3. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

i have had two fords and one dodge. i love the look of the newer dodge cc cab. love the ride of the gmc, like a car whoa its nice, and drive a ford. when you use something its going to wear, its just which one youll enjoy spending the money on. buy the one you like and it will be the best truck on the road.

4. merrimacmill

from MA

I agree with you "ford6.9" . Even though I'm a dedicated GM guy. Probibly because since I was born my family has been telling me that GM is the only vehicle to drive. My grandfather was very involved in the company and was very high up in the executive ranking, so theres a lot of family heritage surrounding it. Not to mention, even though he passed away 10 years ago, we still get a hefty GMS discount on GM vehicles. :nod:

5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm currently running (3) Dodge 2500's and the wife drives a Chrysler MiniVan, guess I've drank the Daimler Koolaid.

6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I've owned them all, I've had differnt problems with them all.........

7. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

exactly....and right now i have atleast one of each its not brands to me

8. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Let me follow up my post with this......

I deal with the local dealership here, who knows that I buy a fair amount of trucks, since I keep everything fairly new, vs running equipment into the ground.

I get very good trade in values and pay dealer invoice or below when I buy my trucks.

I do work for the local dodge dealer, as well as I maintain both the new car salesmanager's house and the used car manager's house.

Also, we've had ALOT of discussions with the service techs over the years with my trucks that we use for plowing / do our own maintenance / use synthetic oil. These "discussions" we would have to start all over again with a different brand, so as long as the dealer's decent and the product is working (service department now bounces me to the front if I have an issue) there's really no reason to change.

9. packey

packey Member

I run dodge's just because I know their quirks the best. If one breaks I can get it going without loosing to much time. With that said I would run a chevy but I am not sure about the Ford. Ford really burned me bad with a car and a truck .

10. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

FORD FORD FORD!!!! second to none I would not run anyhting else! We have ran fords all my life they are great trucks

11. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

The perfect truck would be a Dofogm. That is the Cummins engine, Gmc Allison trans and the drive line of the Ford. At this point I'm not sure what to buy?? To me they are all just waiting to break with the drop of a snowflake.

DAFF

12. Fordtruckman88

Fordtruckman88 Member

well i guess you can tell my preference by my name but i respect all trucks except toyota for some damn reason

13. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I am going to have to go with the best.

Chevy all the way.:D

14. makplow

makplow Senior Member

I'm am old guy that has been around a few years and i have owned them all, but mostly Fords. I know they out sell most others every year. I don't know if that means any thing though. Maybe just the name. I have had great luck with them. So they get my vote.

Mak

15. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

they all have problems they all break i drive a chevy right now but in 4-5 years i plan to purchase a dodge with the cummins.

16. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

GMC hands down! I'D OWN ONLY THE BEST- THAT'S GMC!

GMC Trucks- We are Professional Grade!wesport:D

17. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Generic Made Chevy:drinkup:

18. merrimacmill

from MA

I'd have to agree with you on that one!! :salute:

19. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

GMC- Got a Mechanic Comming
    Yea, there is saying for ford as well.

I've owned 3 fords and a dodge. All good with no complaints. Wouldn't mind having a 2500hd at some point either. I picked Ford but its a matter of preference or what you can afford in some cases.

20. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

My grandfather was very involved in the company and was very high up in the executive ranking, so theres a lot of family heritage surrounding it. Not to mention, even though he passed away 10 years ago, we still get a hefty GMS discount on GM vehicles.

I now know what you'll be buying:) If your getting deals like that, even if you you have to spend a couple $'s here and there your still ahead of the game, and not to mention a quiet/beautiful ride.

And yes it all comes down the to $ thats why we are in business