1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy/GMC Crew Cab

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by HD61CUIN, Dec 6, 2003.

1. HD61CUIN

HD61CUIN Senior Member

I am looking to get a 97' and up Crew Cab 2500/3500. What years were these made, there is not too much talk here about plowing with Crew cabs. There is alot more talk at the Ford area...

The wife says I need a Crew Cab, so now I have to learn about them. All I ever see when out plowing is Ford Crew Cabs. So much that I dont even know if they make them for Chevy/GMC

2. AVERYX

AVERYX Junior Member

Chevy makes them

Yeah Chevy and GMC has Crew Cabs, and I think my 2003 2500HD Crew Cab is the most comfortable spacious truck I've been in. I see the older ones all the time .

3. danS

danS Junior Member

'04 2500HD. Real happy with it. Long wheelbase I can live with. Twin 4y.o. boys have plenty of room in back, thats why no more extended cab.

4. HD61CUIN

HD61CUIN Senior Member

I am really liking Crew Cabs, I just drove an 04' F-250 Crew, 6' bed, PSD. I thought it handled pretty well, plenty of power. Off the line aint the greatest but once you get the rpms up she really starts pulling hard. I am going to have to read up more on each of the mfr's Crew Cabs. I am looking used due to the prices. The Crew Cab I drove was 40K! Although, we put an infant carseat in the back of a Dodge Ext cab and it fit pretty good. There was enough room between the seats to allow for that extra bit of room needed for it to fit. I figure by the time our kids get outta car seats I probably will upgrade to Crew Cab. But if I find a good deal on one then I just might get one. I pretty much need to look up info on all 3 mfr's and get specifics to be looking for. I want a Diesel though, so that may be my only problem when it comes to adding a plow. Thanks for the advice here!

5. 86burban

86burban Senior Member
    from chicago

Just drive up and down 159th and Im sure you'll run into 20 or 30 of them.