1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy/GMC 2500 Complete Truckside Western Ultramount setup

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by bob coco, May 16, 2011.

1. bob coco

bob coco Member

I just bought a really nice used Ultra mount plow and it came off of a 2006 Chevy 2500 pickup. I only need the plow so I have the complete truckside setup for sale. This includes the mounts with hardware, Complete wiring harnesses all there, (Three plug setup). It also has a 4 Port module (Green Tag) and a joystick controller. The relay and positive cable is also there. For someone that is switching trucks or has a second truck this is perfect. I bought this for the plow and removable receivers as one of my plows were stolen last year. I would prefer someone pick this up as the weight of the brackets is alot. But if your willing to pay shipping costs I can ship this at your expense. Again this is from a 2007 Chevy 2500. I think it fits from 1999 to present. I know the wiring is the same as my 2005 GMC 2500.

I don't know how to post photos but I can email to those interested.

700.00 firm plus shipping. Located in Sag Harbor, NY 11963

Call Bob @ (516) 903-0011

2. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Does it include the receiver pockets also? Thanks.

3. bob coco

bob coco Member

No it does not. I said this in my listing.

I bought this for the plow and removable receivers as one of my plows were stolen last year

Thanks, Bob

4. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Sorry missed that,thanks.

5. bob coco

bob coco Member

wow, i figured this would go quickly? Is the price too high for this time of the year?

6. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

I would say so, might be tough sell since you are keeping the receiver pockets, someone would have to buy the pockets and they are tough to find used.

Im not in the market for this just throwing out a helpful note....

Id be willing to pay 250 for the wiring, not more than 100 for the joystick, handhelds are popular controllers and only 150 for the mount since it missing the pockets

total $500

good luck

7. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

That's fair I would say.

8. bob coco

bob coco Member

Hi Matthew G,

Thanks for the reply. I agree that the pockets are hard to find used. I just set up two trucks, One was a complete setup new so I can't tell how much the parts cost but the second truck was truck side only not including pockets or a controller as I transfered a plow from one truck to another and I paid 1,200.00 so I thought 700.00 was about half the price of new.

Unfortunately the plow that was stolen from me was the new one that had never touched snow. And this is how I ended up with the used Chevy / GMC truck side stuff.

Thanks though for your response and because of that I would be willing to lower the price to 600.00 plus shipping. It's not taking up too much space in the garage so I don't mind holding out for asking price.