1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

chevy front end problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by snowsniper1, Jan 4, 2008.

1. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

06 reg cab,3500, srw, dmax, allison,and 9.2 boss poly vee with 32000 miles.all i have done to the truck is bfg all terrain kos,air lift rear air bags,snowman rear plow,monroe 8' vee hopper,and i had the front end re keyed w/billstein shocks,torsion bar turned up.have to figure this out or trade it in.the front end feels extremely loose when in 4wd weather it has anything on the rear or not..i have took it two differt dealers a total of 6 times and the cant figure it out.they have replaced both ball joints,idler arm,pitman arm,all tie rods aliened it 4 time,called gm tech line twice.and who know what else.all i know is it still dose it.you can put it in 4 and step on the brakes and watch the tires tow in drastically.i also have a 03 2500hd same conf except 245 bfg instead of 265 and 70000 miles not one problem except have to run with the wings out alittle so they dont hit.help please
  2. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

Idler and pitman arm unless control arm bushings are bad. Hard to tell but it is easy to see the issue by being under the front and have someone hold in drive and in 4 lo to see what moves or flexes.
    They make braces for the pitman and idler arms and better tie rod set ups, Fabtech
  3. snowsniper1

any more ideas
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Has it had this loose feeling since it was new?
    Since you did the torsion keys?

It ONLY has this problem when it's in 4WD correct?
  5. snowsniper1

only in 4wd do you notice it and it dose it in the summer w the t bars cranked down also.
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Has it done it ever since you bought it?

Or was it something that seemed to come about over a period of time?
  7. Base Model

Base Model Junior Member
    from midwest

8. snowsniper1

thank you.......