1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy??? Ford??? Nope The New Dodge

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by zeek, Dec 7, 2009.

1. zeek

zeek Member

2. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Dont like it! Atleast thats what I keep telling myself sinceI cant afford it:eek:

3. Joesno

Joesno Senior Member

the only things i like were

1: cummins
    2: new exhaust break
    3: gear selector

put these options in a ford and now where talking!!!

everything else is ugly and junk on a dodge.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  4. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

I like the mirrors and the exhaust brake. Put those on FORD and you will beat any Dodge any day

5. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I love Ford but I like the way those new ones are going back to the late 90
    s early 2000 look. I'll stick with Ford though.

6. zeek

zeek Member

Oh yeah...Ford's are nice, except for they take a country mile to turn, they ride like a tank, but I have a young back so I don't worry about ride comfort yet. Oh yeah I love the cheap plastic interiors in the new fords, oh,oh, oh, I really love how the rust out so quick, and did I mention the awsome square box without any body lines look, oh and who can forget the great color selection....Fords rock though. :laughing:

Now, I would like to add the Ford's, the, the, well I can't think of any of thing that ford has that dodge hasn"t perfected, except the price maybe, yeah I would like the ford price tag.

7. dj89

dj89 Senior Member
    from wny

The dodge truck my friend had towed a trailer way better than his ford. He bought a 05 350 DRW loaded crew cab 6x6. He ended up telling ford to keep it after it was in the shop for the first 4 months he "owned " it. Ford was making his payments. After that he when and got a 05 Dodge cummins 4X4 SRW. Only ever had to take it in for u joints on the drive shaft. We were pulling a 44 foot covered tariler. With full tool box, 5 atvs, generator and all the other stuff you need at the track. It was a easy 15k. You could barely feel it. The ford just did not live up to it name.

8. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Piece of junk just like the guy in the comments said

9. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

LOL they really pride themselves on the flip up mirrors and it has a "relationship saver", wow and crappy electronic switches that don't work right next to each other. Don't forget the storage in the floor just big enough for a box of fuses. :p

10. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Thats what I was thinking to. The only thing that it has going is looks. I did want a dodge but now want a ford. The winning factor is...I have a 2008 jeep liberty that i am leasing brand new and it fell apart at 24,000 miles. chrysler products SUCK. and what is a dodge??? I will never buy a chrysler again! They do business horribly!

11. ScottPA

ScottPA Senior Member
    from PA

Haha, all I heard was BLA BLA BLA. Dodge has had the industry best towing mirrors for years now. WOW, a backup camera..Ford also had that already, and a 4& 7 pin connector...HMM Wonder where they have been getting all these ideas. I'd take the cummings engine...and throw the rest in the trash. Not to mention the grille looks like a big toothless redneck smile.

Sorry dodge guys..I just love my Ford.:laughing:

12. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

How come on almost every job site it is always the fords and chevys.??? There is a reason why almost all of your bigger excavating company's and what not buy fords and chevys.ussmileyflag

13. tuna

tuna Senior Member

Exhaust BRAKE:gunsfiring:

14. ScottPA

ScottPA Senior Member
    from PA

I would love to have an exhaust brake.

15. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

says the 1500 owner

16. ScottPA

ScottPA Senior Member
    from PA

Haha, Prolly the only truck he has every owned, but he sure does know alot.:laughing::laughing:

17. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

I was going to say that. But kinda thought it was a low blow. :laughing::gunsfiring::drinkup:

18. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

i like them but, im not going to buy one.whats up with all the ford guys saying dodges are junk? fords have there fair share of problems :nod:

19. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I agree.
    I wonder if the "heavy duty's" comes with a steering wheel hand warmer? :rolleyes:
    Mackman: I agree 100%.

20. Joesno

Joesno Senior Member

Sorry for all the hate...

but ALL dodge owners walk around all high and mighty thinking their the **** and i cant help but to rip on them. Really your truck is no better than anyone elses. Maybe even a little worse!!!

you probably are now thinking you never should have started this thread. :help:

i dont know why but **** = $ + H + I + T

i guess the mods did that so i had to come back and edit it.