1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy DRL Issue!!!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by pushin 4 u, Oct 14, 2008.

1. pushin 4 u

pushin 4 u Member

ok here it goes...i bought a 2008 f250 with a western 8' straight pro...Sold it to my buddy who has a 2006 chevy 2500 burban... when we hook up the plow the plow lights are really dim... and the bright plow lights are fine...one dealer told us that everything is the same except light harness...WRONG!!! we come to find out that the module is not the same...diferent part#...he bought the new part# and we cannot get the damn thing to work...plow lights come on then go off and truck lights go on when we plug the plow in...Any guesses???
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Using the 29070 3 port Isolation module?

You are aware the the head light adapter harness's are reversible and can be flipped 180 degrees in order for the same headlight plug in harness to work on different years of GM trucks depending on whether they're negative or positive to excite? Sounds like you may have one of the two low beam head light plug in harness's plugged in backward.
  3. pushin 4 u

pushin 4 u Member

Awnser first question...yes we gots that module...As far as the reversible thing i had no clue...we'll try that tonight!!!thanks bud
  4. pushin 4 u

pushin 4 u Member

B&B thank you soooooo much!!! I would've had no idea about that being i'm a ford guy.that was the trick, after we monkeyed with the plugs...poof!!! everything worked...thank you again...proves that not only can you bust balls here...you can learn something too.