1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy doors

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by gpin, Dec 28, 2003.

1. gpin

gpin Senior Member

I have a '90 Silverado 2500 with almost 250,000 miles. The major problem is that the drivers door failed. It got to the point that when I hit a bump, the door would open. I had to have new hinges welded in as I could not find an acceptable used door. (Cost $300 with parts) I notice that alot of older Chevys have a door sag. It seems incredible that Chevy would put a long lasting, dependable motor in a truck with cheap door. Built like a rock, except for the door.

2. CHPL

CHPL Member

Is it just the pins that are worn? You can buy a kit to replace the pins and bushings in the hinges with oversize replacements.

3. gpin

gpin Senior Member

Tried that 1st, it turned out the top hinge had separated from the door.

4. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

try als junk yard in trevose
    if they dont have it
    they can get it

john

wish i could p.m. somebody

5. mcs lawn rescue

mcs lawn rescue Junior Member

6. rewoodworking

rewoodworking Senior Member

i had a 91 chevy and the doors where sagging i changed the pins and it was fine traded it in with 20040 miles