1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy crew cab

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by dreamer, Feb 22, 2011.

1. dreamer

dreamer Member

I will be getting a plow sometime before next winter. What do you recommend for lights? Would like to stay away from anything on top of the truck, it is a little close to the garage door now. Was thinking strobes in the taillights and the parking light in front. Maybe the cargo light also. What do you think???

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Sound off or whelen led hide aways in the tail lights and parking lights. Also in the cargo light. Then maybe some lights in the grille. Kinda depends on what you want to spend. Its easy to be at or above what you want to spend, depending how many lights you want on the truck.

3. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

I would go with whelen products, either a nice 6 output strobe supply or 6 whelen vortex's. Strobe kit should run you around $240-280 or the vortex are around $120-160 a pair(2)

I have whelen strobes in my 4 corners and plan to install 2 vortex in my cargos

4. dreamer

dreamer Member

I guess that is what I am wondering. What is it going to cost? Is there a kit? Just tying to plan ahead for things that I would like to get done before the plow goes on.

5. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Sirennet byfar has the cheapest priced strobe kits. Sirenet.com. Also if you price shop around most places price match for the same product.

7. dreamer

dreamer Member

So I am guessing that I should get a strobe kit for the parking lights and the tail lights, and then get the Whelen vertex Led hide aways for the cargo light? These would also be on 2 separate switches also, correct? Thanks for the replies!!!

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Or you can do all vertex. Doesn't matter. If you want to get the strobe kit, I'd wire the front strobes on a sperate switch. Just because if they are clear, and in a clear housing you'll get some crazy flash back and be blinded if its snowing like crazy. I would then wire the cargo leds and rear strobes on 1 switch. 2 swtiches total. 1 for the fronts, and 1 for the rears.

9. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Im gonna do vertex in my cargos because there smaller and no heat output, if I had the extra money I would go all vertex, but as of now I own 2 whelen 8 output supplies and a 4 output supply, lots of cables and tubes so maybe on my new truck ill go full led from corners to roof, windows, spreader and tool box

10. dreamer

dreamer Member

I was looking on Sirenet.com at the Whelen strobe kit and the
    Sirennet 6 strobe kits. The Sirennet is cheaper. Is there any major difference to the 2??

11. crazyskier537

crazyskier537 Senior Member
    from NE IL

12. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Other than the name no.

13. cobrien19

cobrien19 Junior Member

Do you need a power supply box with the vertex?

14. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

No...just a switched power, ground and a momentery switch for patterns

15. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

The little black box thats built into the wiring is the flasher, or ballast for the led.