1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy Colorado

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Truck207, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Truck207

Truck207 Member
    from Maine

This truck doesn't have a plow on it but I figured I would ask you guys about a problem. My dad has a 2006 Chevy Colorado and it wears front tires on the inside of the tire. We have taken it back to the dealership three different times and they have replaced both tires once and then the drivers side tire once after that. The tie rod and balljoints are fine. The dealership has also taken the cam in and that still hasn't worked. Chevy says the is nothing wrong. So I was just wondering if you had any suggestions on what to try. The truck is out of warranty, so it is my hands to try and figure out what is causing it or just keep buying tires all the time.

Thanks.

2. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

If the tires are wearing on the inside of the tread, that could be caused by the camber angle being out of alignment. Do you know any good tire shops in your town?

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Try Eastside garage in Belfast. They have a good reputation.

4. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Tires may be under-inflated? bring'em up to the correct psi rating.

my next guess would'a been ball joints....

5. Truck207

Truck207 Member
    from Maine

Thanks everyone for your responses. I talked to B&B and he said GM has changed the alignment specs on the Colorado and Canyon, so if the dealership didn't align it to the newest specs (which I imagine they didn't) it wouldn't have helped a bit. Again, thanks for the responses!

6. bmlct

bmlct Junior Member
    from CT

Had the same problem with my '04. When I got new tires, I brought it down to the alignment shop and that fixed the problem.

7. Truck207

Truck207 Member
    from Maine

Yeah, and Chevy says there is nothing wrong with them....OK! That's what we are going to do once these tires we have on it wear down.