1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy Colorado

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Elite_Maint, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Elite_Maint

Elite_Maint Senior Member

Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone uses or knows of someone using a Colorado as a plow truck? In 2009 they come with a V8 and i was just thinking that's it's small and maneuverable and might be half decent to do the job. what do you guys think?
  2. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

i had a 88 s-10 blazer.....best little truck. wish i kept it
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Keep you eyes peeled for Vincent here...he's running a sweet little Colorado with a Boss.
  4. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

we did 3 snoways on chevy colorado's for denver public schools (pictured)

and also a couple for city of lakewood

5. Elite_Maint

those Colorado's look mint!.. how good do they plow and what's the biggest plow you can squeeze on one of those? Do any mods have to be done for it to handle the weight of the plow? I was thinking in giving a Colorado a good work-out.. since my clients are mixed up between residential and commercial.. anymore pics?
  6. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

We had the same problem last winter. We needed a small truck for tight maneuvering. We ended up with a short box 1500 with a 7'6" V-Boss blade. It's a joy in tight spaces

If you check the plow manufacturer's websites and enter Colorado for truck choice, the website will generally tell you what plow will fit which truck
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  7. Elite_Maint

Well, i was checking out the Blizzard 720LT it's a 7.2' straight blade. I was also checking out the BOSS Sport duty 7.0'. I'm leaning towards the Blizzard though. But really i'd want to know if a Coloardo can handle the amuse of rigorous plowing doing a combination of Commercial and Residential?
  8. vincent

vincent Senior Member

Might be a little late on this but here goes. My 08 canyon with the I-5 did what I thought was an excellent job with the 7.5 boss poly.

I had installed a transmission cooler and gauge to keep informed and always used at least 400lbs of ballast.
  9. Elite_Maint

got any pics of your truck?
  10. vincent

vincent Senior Member

11. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

I did not know the new colorado was a 4x4, i thought it was a high performance truck. A 4x4 would be awesome with the fullsize power! Should return decent gas milage also