1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy Colorado

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Fess, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Fess

Fess Junior Member
    from Boston

Has anyone had any experiences with a Sno-Way? I am looking to put a 6'8"
    on my Chevy Colorado.....

I am looking to take on some driveways and want a plow that can handle it. I was told the Fisher Homesteader wouldn't be able to handle the workload.

Thanks.

2. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I've had my snoway since '97. Replace the main piston 2 years ago. It's an 8' blade on a K3500. I plow for a 12 truck crew - Mine is the only that has not broken down. I plow public streets, appartments, parking lots, driveways, etc. No Issues at all. The down pressure makes back dragging excellent too.

I would see if you can at least do the 7.5 wide. It makes things easier and if you decide to plow more you will then be able to.

3. Fess

Fess Junior Member
    from Boston

Thanks...

Hey ScottL,

Thanks for the advice, I hear nothing but good things about the Sno-way. I hope the Colorado can handle it. I'm hoping to get a bigger truck in a couple of years if this works out.

4. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Before you book up a plow make sure you have a trans cooler and enough suspension on the front to handle the weight. You'll probably want to put some balist in the back bed to counter the plow weight.

Have fun.