1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy Colorado????

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Fess, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Fess

Fess Junior Member
    from Boston

I'll be new to plowing in Boston this season and need some help....

The only plow I can find that fits my new chevy colorado is the Fisher Homesteader which is 6'8". Can anyone tell me if I am going to be able to handle taking on 20-30 driveways this upcoming season....

Thanks for your help.

2. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

boss has a nice 7ft and i have a 720lt blizzard for sale [we used it about 10 times last year]

3. Fess

Fess Junior Member
    from Boston

4. In my opinion the Homesteader is manufactured for the guy who needs to plow his own driveway and not much else. 20-30 driveways will certainly put the Homesteader to the test, but I wouldn't do it.

5. Fess

Fess Junior Member
    from Boston

Sno-Way

Has anyone had any experiences with a Sno-Way? I am looking to put a 6'8"
    on my Chevy Colorado.....

6. corkireland

corkireland Senior Member

I used a 6'8" snoway MT on my 99 GmC Sonoma ZR2 suspension. I would defanatly recommend whatever their new blades are. However just remember that when you plow with a small truck that your going to go through mechanical issues regularily espiecilly when you get into 20 driveways. I had upwards of 40 driveways and a commerical and I'm at the point where I'll be upgrading to hopefully an 06 2500 HD with 8' plow simply because I dont' want to spend the money replacing ujoints every 10000 miles because of plowing. Not to mention my bearings are about to go as well as going through breaks often.

But good luck with your plowing! :waving:

7. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Welcome Fess:

I Have to tell you, 20-30 Driveways is a wicked lot of driveways for one guy ( had to say Wicked to a guy from Boston). I say it too...
    Pace yourself brother! When we get the 2-4" snows there's no problem if you lucky to have all driveways all close together. When get hammered with a Nor-Easter your going to be killing yourself to keep up along with getting your customers pissed and risking smashing you truck rushing from driving on no sleep.... Don't get upset, I hope you prove me wrong and have 30 and do great.

Good luck.

8. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

western makes a 6.5foot plow that should fit. and thats a good amont of drive ways you should be happy with 20-30 of them. :waving:

9. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Personally if I was planning to plow I would have taken that $30some thousand that you spent on that colorado and bought a full size truck. Just about every plow company makes a light duty plow,just look around and which one you like best.

10. Fess

Fess Junior Member
    from Boston

Thanks...........

Thanks guys, you have all been aolt of help. I appreciate it. I think I might start out with less driveways the first year and see how it goes....

Hey Epic, $24K for a Double cab Colorado 4X4 and I drive about 50-200 miles a day depending on the day doing home appraisals - their good on gas.

Good Plowing..... :waving:

11. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

That is alot of drive time, plus on top that the time spent working...How are you going to have time to plow snow? Does'nt Boston normally get alot of snow?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2005
  12. Fess

Fess Junior Member
    from Boston

The great part about getting into the plowing business is the home appraisal industry usually slows down that time of year and you can always reschedule appts due to weather. So when I know a storm is coming I can push out appts as well.

8 customers and counting.........