1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy Colorado with Vee plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by scholzee, Mar 5, 2013.

1. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

Seen in the neighborhood , looks like a nice driveway setup.

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

3. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Looks like a UTV plow on that truck?
  4. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Or a 7' 6" v?
  5. yardguy28

yardguy28 Senior Member

I'm thinking its a utv blade.

I've been on the hunt for boss power v 7'6" blade for my dodge ram 1/2 ton.

currently I'm running a boss 8' super duty straight blade. it's 698 lbs and based on recommendation 250 lbs more than what's recommended for my truck.

the power v I want is 700 lbs.

that blade in the pic says its the v xt which is even heavier. and a colorado isn't quite a 1/2 ton is it?
  6. Deerewashed

Deerewashed Senior Member

6'6" utv plow, you can tell by how short it is...
  7. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

ill say one thing. thats thinking! i mean, v blade and pull plow versatility. small comact unit, still have bed space. seems like it will work.
  8. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

I bet it's a great unit for tight spaces. I know there are drives that I turn down because I can't fit, or don't want to try to fit my GMC 3500 and 9'2" Boss V.
  9. yardguy28

yardguy28 Senior Member

how do you hook a utv plow to a truck. isn't the hook up different.
  10. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I really don't think it would be worth all the money they spent. I think they would have been better off with a short box 1/2 ton.
  11. Drew2010

Drew2010 Senior Member

I bet this truck is wore out in like 4-5 years... even with the UTV plow...

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Wonder why he didn't lower the plows when he parked it. And i would have to ditch that old crappy rotator.
  13. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Don't really want to start a debate, but if you're parked and the plows not down, at least v it back. I feel like this guy is compensating for his little ....truck etc
  14. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

lol along the lines of what I was thinking, is it just me or does he seem to have a pretty big lightbar, dare I say too big for the truck? I too feel like this guy is compensating for his little ....truck
  15. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

Another bird with a better truck and plow but not the correct setup.

Sorry had to do it.
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  16. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

Well I zoomed in on the truck because it was interesting , the guy has a business and atleast one other truck , so I think he had a good reason to set this one up like that. He may have been working on it or just moved it for the moment , I liked that it was up because everyone would have thought he just parked behind it LOL.

17. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

We used an S-10 with a front blade and pull plow for a number of years. Drive train held up great with no unusual truck issues. Great for tight places.
  18. Squires

Squires Senior Member

why so many haters?
    It is a well known fact that you can plow a driveway with an ATV or small SUV like a tracker/sidekick, TJ,. Hell Morris, with the thred about the new shop has a fleet of Bronco II's and is doing quite well for himself.
    Haters are gonna hate, while that set up likely would plow circles around a reg cab long box in a tight driveway scenario. First pass Push in to the back, turn around IN the driveway, pull snow from the garage scoop it into a pile and on to the next house.
    Anyway, it is a cool setup, better than any UTV as by the time to get the cab doors windshield and wiper heater etcetc your at the price of the Colorado and still can't take it down the road.
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  19. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

It interested me because I do driveways with a 2dr S10 blazer and 6'6" western blade. 1996 blazer developed rod knock at 259,000. put the blade on 1999 blazer and currently at 201,000 with 17 yearold western blade. Plowing in and around Buffalo NY so you know we get snow.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

That little thing is awesome! Get more pics of it if you can. Would love to see more.