1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy Colorado Reliability

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jb1390, Mar 8, 2013.

1. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

Looking at a colorado to replace the wife's car. Don't know much about them, besides my cousin is happy with his.

Looking at a crew cab, will be a daily driver and rarely tow/haul and no plans to plow with it.

Any input?
  2. dreamer

dreamer Member

I drove one for about 3 years right when they first came out as a company vehicle. Put 108,000 miles on it and loved it. Did very good on gas to. It was a crew 2 wheel drive Z-71. I would buy one again.
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I had a partner at work that put 100,000 on one with out a problem. Just brakes and tires.
  4. ceptorman

ceptorman Senior Member
    from Indy

I'm sure they're just as reliable as a full size Chevy truckThumbs Up
  5. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

what year? have a 05 trailblazer, just a suv version. mechanicaly wise, no problems 175,000 miles with no problems. one starter. but, iy does have electrical issues which are comon for these years i've heard. no fuel gauge, no speedo, no oil preasure. i've heard you can pull the dash pannel out and send it in to get fixed, but we just live with it. it stll drives like it was brand new.
  6. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

Found one that looks pretty nice that is a 2005, but if there are problem years to avoid, I'd be open to getting anything, or avoiding the colorado completely if it's less reliable than its counterparts. From what I've read though, everything has its issues and the colorado doesn't seem to be any better/worse than its competitors in that realm.
  7. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I had one for 1.5 yrs and traded it in like an idiot. I put a U-joint in it and the cylinder head went common problem on the 3.5s it was done under warranty. I thought I needed more room but Im sure if I wasnt stupid I would still have it.