1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy Colorado 2004 setup?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by yandy, Jan 27, 2008.

1. yandy

yandy Junior Member

I own a 2004 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4 Extended Cab with the 5 cylinder engine.

I will only be blading my drive way and live on an acreage.

What is a good setup?

What will it cost me?

Other suggestions than getting a blade for the truck?

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

plow truck

7 ' boss sport duty ,hand held or joystick control smart hitch 2 i don't know pricing in your area might be around $4300.00-$4400.00 get the shoe option kit
  3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

You could also look into the sno-way plows. A member on here (toby4492 I think) is a rep for sno-way.
  4. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Welcome to Plowsite yandy.

Thanks Mark, you beat me by one minute. Just checked the Boss site and they do not recommend any model for this configuration. They say that all models will exceed the front GAWR.

The Sno-Way 22 series will fit this application. You can learn more by visiting our factory website, http://www.snoway.com .
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2008

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Boss does have a plow that will go on your truck. There is like 4 guys in my area that run them without any problems. I think one guy even has the 7'6'' sport plow. The snow way would work out a little better tho, because the boss snow plow is so lite @ only I think 350pounds or close to it. The snow way you'll be able to get down pressure.
  6. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

buy a homesteader. weighs like 300lbs. costs like $2000. perfect for doing just a driveway. or go to like the LD series or sport duty plow they weight like 500lbs and cost like 2500-3000
  7. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Fisher Homesteader- my neighbor has one on his colorado and he loves it!
  8. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

The Snoway 22 Series Would Work Well We Have Done A Couple In Fact We Just Did One About Two Weeks Ago
  9. apik1

apik1 Senior Member

I would do the sno-with down pressure. I have seen 2 colorados with small blizzards on them in my area lately.
  10. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

I Think Tom Can Dig Up A Picture Of One If He Has Room In His Files... His Calander Girls Take Up Alot Of That Space You Know
  11. h_riderca

h_riderca Member

II put a blizzard 680LT on my s10 blazer. Not sure if they are the same frame or not