1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy + Cognito

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by REAPER, Feb 5, 2011.

1. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Anyone have the Cognito upper control arm kit installed with the 2"shock extenders?

I do and want to have someone look at something on theirs and see if it matches what I have a slight problem with. ussmileyflag

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I have them on my 07. Have you checked the Cognito site for pics, they seem to have lots of them.

3. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I just need someone to check a problem to see if happens with others.

I installed them before winter, Apparently the placement of the brake hose on the new control arms caused them to start rubbing on the inside of the rim where the weights would be mounted. It eventually cut one and the other was just about cut to the leaking point as well. It was only rubbing when I had the wheel turned.

Look on the inside of the rim to see if it is shiny and or the brake hoses to see if they have wear marks on the rubber.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Bend the brake line bracket down/back so it's further under the control arm. This will get it away from the wheel and use up some of the extra length in the hose radius out near the wheel. This is something that must be checked after the control arms are installed.

5. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

PM me if you want to see mine in person. Same setup as you running.

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

stock or aftermarket rims also ?

aftermarket/wider can have deeper backspacing and cause problems.

7. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Yeah that is what I did. You can't bend em back to far because it really ,and I mean really stretches them tight when the wheel is turned outward of either hose/tire. I was almost worried the would snap they were that tight on the 1st bend. All is good now I hope as at least 10 tries were made to get what I hope is correct.

Done

Stock Cheby aluminum rims.

8. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

stock rims sit in real deep on the suspension parts. this = a lot more possible rubbing problems.

you might wana run a 1/4 thick spacer http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GOR-SP604/ or diffrent aftermarket rims as much as i hate to say it with todays crappy quality aftermarket junk.

and the only problem with the wheel spacers will be not hub centered rim to axle hub anymore. but the lug nuts will tighten it up centered.

or you can re route the hose a little diffrently and use a few zip ties to secure it down to the under side of the control arm.

and if replacin brake hoses might think of swapin in braided stainless steel aftermarket for the extra length thay can make them in and a much firmmer brake pedel . and do the back hoses also so its a matched brake hose system.

never used theres but here a place https://www.circletracksupply.com/product.php?productid=1591&cat=75&page=1

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011