1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy C6500 8.1L propane?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by plowfever, Dec 15, 2011.

1. plowfever

plowfever Senior Member

Hey guys I am thinking of converting all my equipment I use for my lawn and landscaping as well as I am thinking of buying a C6500 dump truck that is propane. Do any of you guys run propane trucks? If so is any of them a 6500 with the Vortec 8.1L? I know that the local propane companies trucks are all these as well as a lot of the schwanns trucks. I am not concerned about the reliability just wonder how long they run on a tank of fuel as this truck will plow snow in the winter time.
  2. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

Wonder what happens first time you have a DOT inspection? I mean form the point of view that propane doesn't have road tax added to the price. Is it the same issue/fine as running dyed fuel? I dunno, just saying, you're right though Schwan's trucks & propane delivery trucks run propane and get away with it.