1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy C/K-10 cab swap

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by rsimpson04, Nov 4, 2003.

1. rsimpson04

rsimpson04 Junior Member
    from CT

Has anybody put a 1969-1972 Chevy C/K-10 cab and front end on a 1985 Chevy C/K-10 4wd frame and drive train? If so I'm interested in finding a site or prior information to make this swap go more smooth.

Rory

2. David Smith

David Smith Member

Not I, but I did recently take the bed, and entire front end off of a 78 Chevy and put it on my 84 Chevy.

I believe the years 73-87 are the same part-for-part swaps.
    Therefore the 69-72 wouldn't work without heavy fabrication(s).

But, I could be wrong :)

David

3. rsimpson04

rsimpson04 Junior Member
    from CT

cab/year swap

David,
    Appreciate the reply, I figured it would take quite a bit of modification/fabrication. I'm just stuck in the 69-72 cab style and have collected lots of parts. It will make a sharp old work truck.
    Thanks,
    Rory

4. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Rory where in Ct are you? I have always wanted to that project swap. The hardest thing to change will be the body mounts on the frame. The back of the cab mounts on the 67-72 on outboard of the frame and in board on the 73+.
    Dino

5. rsimpson04

rsimpson04 Junior Member
    from CT

cab swap

Dino,

I'm in Plainfield. Where you?

I will probably do the swap just for the challenge, but thought it would not hurt to see if somebody else has been throught it.

I was going to go through my 72's and make one good one, but this 85 came along at the right number, so I'm changing my mind again.

Rory

6. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

The K 5 guys have probably gone through something similar. Might check out coloradok5.com

I had an 80 3/4 ton thats body was so rotten all the cab mounts were gone. It was basicly just sitting on the frame. The only thing that was holding it on the frame was the steering colum and gravity. :eek:

You could just whack off the mounts and let her sit on there. :p

7. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I am just 6 exits down 395 in Norwich
    Give me a call 608-3601
    Dino