1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy+boss= sag

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Cfdff85, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Cfdff85

Cfdff85 Member

I have a 2007 2500HD Classic with the BEAST of a duramax pushing the edge with a Boss 8'6" Straight Blade. I'm thinking Timbrens, anyone have a similar truck setup that has added the tims? How is the sag issue? Ride Quality?
  2. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

Have a 07 2500hd Sierra gasser. Would squat 1.5 - 2" before Timbrens. With them it only squats about a 1/2". They really work. Have you turned up your t-bars at all yet?

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Stock was exactly 1" drop with the timbrens it's 1/2". The biggest difference is going over RR tracks or dips in the road with the timbrens it's alot better. I don't really notice a dif without the plow on either.
  4. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

What I notice without the plow on is less dive when I'm braking maybe it's just my imagination.
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Its not your imagination at all. In fact you may even notice less body roll in the turns as well with the Timbrens on. Truck will actually "stick" better in the turns. Especially so with the plow on.
  6. roadstar

roadstar Junior Member
    from Indiana

Sorry guys, but here is a question from the uninformed. What are Timbrens? How much do they cost and how hard to install. I just put an 8' Western Pro Plus on my '06 2500HD Ext. cab (6.0L) and its sitting pretty low. I still have a lot of adjustment left in my T-bar bolts though. I'm going to crank on them some more this weekend, but in case it's not enough I would like to know what these Timbren things are.
  7. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

8. gcsupraman

gcsupraman Senior Member

Exactly what he said!

I have almost the same setup as you - did the timbrens and 4 turns on the bars. Works great!

9. red07gsxr

red07gsxr Senior Member
    from meriden

use the search feature